Friday, August 28, 2009

Sledding in August?

The weather here in Michigan has been cold (according to experts anyway-I personally have enjoyed it) and somewhat sporadic this summer.  My kids have enjoyed swimming in the backyard, camping, tons of baseball, playing with friends, vacactioning with Grandparents, birthday celebrations, and many other fun activities all summer long.  Now that we are winding down, they are beginning to become kind of particular about the weather.  Have you ever listened to your children's conversation w/out getting involved?
The other day all 3 of mine were at the counter eating soup for lunch (it was a little on the cool side that day) and here's what I heard:

""I'm sick of summer."
"Yeah, me too."
"Its been really cold."
"Yeah, we can't go swimming when its like this."
"You know what I can't wait for?"
"What?'
"Winter.  I can't wait to go to Charlie's Dump so we can go sledding,"
"Oh yeah, me too.  I love sledding."
"I think winter's my favorite time of year. Bring on the snow."

I had to really try hard not to laugh at this! (Although we laugh a ton as a family, I have to make sure its not over something they are being serious about).  They were serious. Just a few months ago they couldn't wait to jump in the pool!
Check out their sweet faces in the picture above.  They don't know how wonderfully silly they are and how much they enrich my life with them just simply being who they are. 

Hope you enjoyed this little story. Have a wonderful rest of your summer.  I'll leave you with one of the beautiful aspects of Michigan Sunsets:

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Allendale, Michigan, United States
I have been married to a wonderful man for 11 years. Together we are raising 3 awesome kids: Zach-10, Cole-8, and Taryn-5. We are doing our best to bring them up as individuals who live and love like Jesus. Although challenging and ever-evolving we feel extremely blessed to have the privilege of sharing our lives and experiences with them as we journey together. We will be starting our second year of homeschooling and are loving it. We are amazed by God's blessings as we continue to see the benefits of this choice. As a former PS (public school) teacher, I grow stronger in my convictions about the lifestyle we've chosen. I love to hear other people's stories and experiences about homeschooling.

Followers