Thursday, November 5, 2009

God's Timing

My husband and I have been dealing with some tough issues at church for the past few months.  We are so blessed to have amazing friends that we share life with, also members @ our church.  We have all recently decided to challenge and question some of the decisions being made about our children's ministries.  Rather than complain and point fingers, we all got together to talk about our concerns and list some possible solutions.  We have since presented our ideas to the leadership and are still frustrated by the lack of validation we are feeling.  UGGH!! This has not been fun, in fact it is starting to really affect us in a negative, emotional kind of way.  Through this process I have started to ask myself some questions:

1.  Is God trying to speak to me about something I haven't been willing to deal with?
2.  Is Satan working on us?
3.  How can I move forward in love from this point, right here today?

I do not have the answers to these questions, but am continuing to seek God's will as we journey through this weird and confusing time.  I am trying not to be impatient.  I keep saying over and over inside my head "This will all work itself out in God's timing, not mine." 

I am so encouraged when I remember Pauls words given to us in this passage from Romans:

And we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called according to his purpose from them.  Ch. 8 V. 28

2 comments:

  1. Just came across your blog and not sure if you're still blogging, but I feel your pain on the church issues -- been there. Hope everything is getting resolved.
    Midge

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Allendale, Michigan, United States
I have been married to a wonderful man for 11 years. Together we are raising 3 awesome kids: Zach-10, Cole-8, and Taryn-5. We are doing our best to bring them up as individuals who live and love like Jesus. Although challenging and ever-evolving we feel extremely blessed to have the privilege of sharing our lives and experiences with them as we journey together. We will be starting our second year of homeschooling and are loving it. We are amazed by God's blessings as we continue to see the benefits of this choice. As a former PS (public school) teacher, I grow stronger in my convictions about the lifestyle we've chosen. I love to hear other people's stories and experiences about homeschooling.

Followers